Re: Regional Stay-Home Orders in California
Update Dec. 8th, 2020: Treebones & Big Sur are located in Monterey County and are part of the Bay Area Region… which is expected to fall under the Stay-Home Order within the next two weeks. In preparation for this imminent closure, Treebones has decided to close starting December 16th. We will remain closed through our already scheduled seasonal closure, which was scheduled to occur Jan 3rd – Feb 12th. So, we will now be closed Dec. 16th – Feb 12th at 3:00pm.
We are in the process of contacting all guests with an affected December Reservations. This takes us some time to reach everyone…and our phone lines are quite busy at the moment due to these changes occurring. Thank you for your patience! If you have a reservation between Dec. 16th and Jan 3rd we will be reaching out to offer you the option to reschedule, hold a credit for a later date, or receive a refund.
We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, again- thank you for your patience and understanding.
Response to Covid-19
Our stand alone ‘glamping’ accommodations offer guests peace and solitude on the beautiful southern end of the Big Sur Coast, the perfect place to get away, breathe fresh air and be surrounded by nature.
In respect of local, state, and federal guidelines and the health and safety of our guests and staff we are taking the following steps in response to COVID19: (These policies may be updated as we learn from experience and as new information arises)
– Staff will be smiling behind a face mask
– Guests are required to wear a face mask in public areas, except when seated at a table
– Hand Sanitizer offered at check-in
– Plexiglass barrier at the Front Desk
– Social Distancing enforced inside the lodge
– Dinner is available with less tables inside the lodge. Reservations encouraged. We all offer an option for Take Out.
– Lunch limited dining room seating, or take-out
– Breakfast, complimentary “Grab & Go”, pre-boxed to pick up in the AM and take back to your room with your self serve coffee
– Sushi Bar: Less people per seating to allow for more physical distance
– Housekeeping will not be refreshing rooms or entering your room during your stay
– Sanitizer Spray and paper towels available in each shared shower stall to help supplement our own rigorous sanitization…and help put your comfort and safety in your own hands.
– Check-in Assistance with a golf cart will be available upon request, but staff will not handle your bags.
– Hot Tub is limited to one household at a time, and 30min when other guests are waiting. There are no advance reservations for the hot tub. The pool can be shared as long as social distance is observed.
Any guests with cold or flu like symptoms, or having been exposed to someone with COVID19 recently, are asked to stay home. To help accommodate this we are offering a flexible cancellation policy if these circumstances apply to you. With 48 hours notice you can cancel with a refund (just minus $35 processing) or reschedule. We will also have a strict no sick policy for our staff.
*Suggested items Guests may want to bring to enhance their experience: Extra Blanket for in the room or for a picnic on the grass, Board Games or Playing Cards, Binoculars, a good book.
**We also suggest that guests come prepared to digitally disconnect. We have very limited, spotty satellite internet available only inside the lodge, and because we will need to limit the number of people inside the lodge at one time… access to the internet will be even more limited. There is no cell phone service at Treebones. Please plan to be disconnected.
A PREMIER ‘GLAMPING’ EXPERIENCE
Unique lodging and dining on California’s breathtaking Big Sur Coast.
Expansive views in all directions.
HIKE EXPLORE DINE RELAX
You can touch the earth here.
As a family we are Inspired by the enthusiasm and talent of our staff, rejuvenated by our guests, and challenged to keep our business fresh but warmly familiar to those who return again and again. Thank you for your continued patronage and sharing your love for the outdoors with us.
I pledge to:
Share our coastal roads in a safe manner.
Be mindful of the impact of my actions.
Protect and respect Big Sur’s natural resources, public and private property, residents, employees, and visitors.
Leave no trace; and not damage or take what is not mine.
Camp only where allowed.
Be vigilant and fire safe.
Be a steward of this precious resource for the enjoyment of all.
Honor the spirit of Big Sur as it honors me.
Put the pledge into action.